Haughton and Young Limited held their Annual Apprenticeship of Excellence in Training Awards ceremony on 22nd November 2019 in the Celtic Suite at Croke Park. The aim of these awards is to recognise and acknowledge outstanding achievement by our apprentices in both the Plumbing and Electrical Sector.
The judges decision is based on overall performance and the apprentices are assessed on the following criteria:
- Attendance on site and in Solas,
- Performance on site and in Solas,
- Attitude to work and learning on site and in Solas
- Safety awareness and application in the work environment
- Teamwork in the workplace
We would also like to thank our special guests who not only attended the ceremony but gave their time and expertise to help make it a successful event.
- Mr. Philly McMahon Dublin GAA Player
- Mr. Peter Hinch – Training Consultant for DIT
- Dr. Ciara Ahern – Head of Building Engineering and Assistant Head of School of Mechanical and Design Engineering at DIT
- Mr. Sean Downey – Construction Industry Federation (CIF)
- Mr. Michael O Leary – SOLAS
- Mr. Dan Boyd – Hibernian Reit, Event Sponsor
- Mr. Brian Fitzpatrick – Hibernian Reit, Event Sponsor
Haughton and Young Ltd would like to thank all the apprentices for their hard work and commitment throughout the year and also to wish them well going forward as they progress to full qualification. These awards recognise their hard work and ongoing commitment to the highest quality standards and their dedication to achieve success in their chosen field.
- Overall Plumbing Apprentice of the Year 2019: Sam Levingston.
- Overall Electrical Apprentice of the Year 2019: Ryan Mooney.
- Winners of the Senior Plumbing Category: Alistair Foley, Darren Murphy, Jamie Wilson.
- Winners of the Senior Electrical Category: Pierce Clinton.
- Winners of the Junior Plumbing Category: Lee Walsh, Dylan Brennan, Eric Bates.
- Winner of the Junior Electrical Category: Jamie Murray.